help w/ game pc help!!

Exile2

Baseband Member
i know u guys probably have seen this a million times
i need a computer for under a $1000
i need it for mostly games like half life 2, army games, rpg's,
i not a hardcore gamer but like a really good pc with good graphics ive looked at alienware cyberpower and ibuy power
please help me out
thx
[/B]

If you really want to save money, build a computer yourself. That way you could make it to your exact preferences and specifications. If yu really want gaming, I suggest an AMD system.

For hardcore gaming, there are 4 important things:

• CPU
  • Mobo
  • RAM
  • Graphics card

CPU: I've always been an Intel user, but I hear AMD is better for gaming. Get AMD64 if you can afford it.

Mobo: Not a clue. Maybe one with PCI Express, and good RAM amounts.

RAM: at least 1024MB, preferably DDR or such like.

Graphics card: You really should go nVidia - they're better than ATI just now. Have a look at the 6800GT or 6800 Ultra, but make sure the card you choose is compatible with the games you want to play (Battlefield 2 especially).

You could also, I suppose, overclock some of that kit to make it go even faster. But you need to have some nice cooling gear to make that work effectively.

HTH. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Well, you have a pretty big budget, so you won't have many problems getting what you want.

Everything in my sig including a Microsoft Intelli Side Scrolling Mouse, Keyboard, and 600WATT speakers cost me $819 at cyberpower. It came with free shipping and a free copy of HL2. I had an OS and monitor though....

Back
Top Bottom