help w/ DLL error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewgirl59

Beta member
Hi

i tried to install some software that i had installed on 4 other computers at my job and got this error when installing on my machine:

Error #0x80040707
DLL Function call crashed:ISRT._BrowseForFolder

it seems to be a windows problem on my machine, the tech support for the software said i had to figure out on my own as it was not the software or the disk as it installed fine on other machines. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Can you give us specs on the machine?

Ex:

XP pro/home sp?....

Are all the other machines the same as the problematic one?
Is there any Hardware or Environment differences?

Try this first.

1. Go to the directory that holds the file for launching the installation (for example, Setup.exe).

2. Right-click on the installation file and select Run As.

3. Uncheck the box that says Protect My Computer And Data From Unauthorized Activity, and click OK.

yes sorry

xp pro and the only difference between my machine and the others is processor and memory
p4 3.2 Ghz and 1GB Ram the others have a little less processor and memory

all machines are in same building just in different office all were purchased at same time

Is the problematic machine displaying any other weird characteristics?

Anything else not installing correctly?

Would you be able to tell me the name of the Software?

no other problems actually just installed some other software a couple of days ago after this problem

the software is RouteView it is a delivery routing software that has several components one of which i was able to install to this machine the map information but when trying to install the RouteView cd i get the error every time i try

i did have some problems with my cdrw and had to reinstall it's software but i did that about 2 weeks before trying to install the RouteView suite

i have also installed a new printer in between and had no problems with that

it is not a crisis if i can not get it to install on my machine it is just more convenient if i can i can actually get to the software from the server which is also in my office

i just like having what i need at my fingertips if i need quick answers lol

hi law

no i have not had a chance yet but will do so as soon as i get a chance not sure if it will be today or not a little crazy here

i can accept the license agreement and can select the components that i want installed and when i select next to process the install thats when the error occurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom