Help updating to newest intel hd drivers on an Acer?

skiiermike

Baseband Member
Hello all,

First post so I hope you can help. I just got a brand new Acer. i7, 8 gig ram and a measly intel hd 3000 graphics processor. I didn't need high end graphics for photo editing that's why I went with this laptop cause I got it for a great price.

There is a newer driver for the HD 3000 then currently installed however when I try to install the newest driver from intel it gives me an error saying that the driver isn't validated. I understand that I am supposed to install drivers from my PC's site but Acers latest drivers are from October of last year and there have been some pretty good improvements since then.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance.

If you are confident that it is just the driver and nothing else, you should be able to by-pass this warning (or continue anyway or something like that). It's basically just saying that it's not certified with Windows and that it may or may not work.

Thanks for the response. I was able to get it figured out. It wouldn't let me continue with the updated driver so I uninstalled Acers driver and installed the new intel driver.

Worked like a charm

Back
Top Bottom