HELP!... Spyware!! :'(

Re: Good Day

hextcomm said:
Good Day,

It is most famously used as a Web Server System and for Business.
lol
not that... maybe somethin thats seen as evil? lol

Linux is an OS, so he wants to use it as...(drum roll)...an OS. :D

Just kidding, but damn, he's someone who's heard about Linux's advantages over Windows and wants to try it out, man.

acphenom said:
Linux is an OS, so he wants to use it as...(drum roll)...an OS. :D

Just kidding, but damn, he's someone who's heard about Linux's advantages over Windows and wants to try it out, man.
...not quite! :p
nice guess lol

Good Day

Good Day,

You're evil?

Linux can be used evilly if put in the wrong hands.

i'm kidding.

Linux is a very advanced and powerful Operating System ,it is also user-unfriendly (at least some, especially UNIX), but it is stable, fast, and it doesn;t require restarts.

However, sorry to burst your bubble, even though it never crashes, hangs, slows down, and may seem like a dream, you can't play any of your regular games on it, so all you will look at is a flat interface with no fun and pure business and programming. :D

Pardon my bad Language.

Unless you are doing anything Business oriented, hosting a website, or setting up a special server, I would recommend that you stick with windows for now. :)

lol

Nonsense. You can play some games and use some Windows apps using WINE, and Linux has many native apps, like MPlayer, Xine Player, OpenOffice.org, GAIM, BitTorrent, LimeWire, Firefox, Thunderbird etc. that are equivalent to Windows programs in both features and ease of use (okay, debatable).

Anyway, it's a matter of tastes. If you have a high-end machine and money to spend on maintaining Windows, and you don't mind running things like AV's, antisypware programs etc. then fine, stick with Windows.

But if you're not so rich, and want more, then try Linux out.

Good Day

Good Day,

I am not rich either.

I hear everywhere that wine is instable and is not free.

I am telling him to stick with windows, not buy it, as it is very expensive.

Yes, I myself would prefer not to run so many security programs to help secure windows.

I am appealing to all ends here, as I do not know what type of user he is, Linux is famous to Power Users, if he is a Power User, sure, Linux is good for him.

The speed of his computer also plays a role in this decision, only if his computer is in the hundreds of Megahurtz like mine.

Back
Top Bottom