HELP!! - Soundblaster Live Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveppeters

In Runtime
I have a Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1. My case has two jacks on the front for a microphone and headphones. I would like to know how to connect them to my soundcard. I have done some research and found the pinouts for the EXT_AUD connector (uses 40-pin ide cable to connect to the Live! Drive). I understand that the in/outs are all digital and that I need a Digital to Audio converter and vice-versa. However, I am not an expert on circuitry. Does anyone know what kind of circuit I will need to connect the pinouts from the EXT_AUD connector (and exactly which pinouts) to my headphone/mic jack on the case. Each jack on the front has five connectors. Any help would be appreciated. See my full specs below if necessary.

daveppeters said:
I have a Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1. My case has two jacks on the front for a microphone and headphones. I would like to know how to connect them to my soundcard. I have done some research and found the pinouts for the EXT_AUD connector (uses 40-pin ide cable to connect to the Live! Drive). I understand that the in/outs are all digital and that I need a Digital to Audio converter and vice-versa. However, I am not an expert on circuitry. Does anyone know what kind of circuit I will need to connect the pinouts from the EXT_AUD connector (and exactly which pinouts) to my headphone/mic jack on the case. Each jack on the front has five connectors. Any help would be appreciated. See my full specs below if necessary.

Are you sure your not talking about a game port? Not sure what your asking here can you explain more please?

If you have a micophone jack on the front of the computer it should be already connected to the mother board, so right clicking on the Vol control/properties and enableing the Head phones should do the trick for you. Again I'm just not quit sure what your talking about.

can you explain alittle more, thanks.
J

It is not a gameport. On the Live! card is a 40-pin connector, just like what is found on hard drives/cd-rom. It is for the Live! Drive (fits in 5.25" drive bay - includes multiple digital/analog in/out connectors). My comp case has a spot to put two jacks in the front along with usb connectors. I have pcb mounted 1/8" jacks to put there, but I wanted to connect them to the 40-pin connector (AUD_EXT) on the SB Live card, however, the connectors on the Live card are for digital in/out. I wanted to know how to build a circuit to convert the digital in/out to analog in/out. I just don't know how to design a circuit. I can build one from a schematic if I have it - that is what I need help on. Thanks for your reply.

daveppeters said:
It is not a gameport. On the Live! card is a 40-pin connector, just like what is found on hard drives/cd-rom. It is for the Live! Drive (fits in 5.25" drive bay - includes multiple digital/analog in/out connectors). My comp case has a spot to put two jacks in the front along with usb connectors. I have pcb mounted 1/8" jacks to put there, but I wanted to connect them to the 40-pin connector (AUD_EXT) on the SB Live card, however, the connectors on the Live card are for digital in/out. I wanted to know how to build a circuit to convert the digital in/out to analog in/out. I just don't know how to design a circuit. I can build one from a schematic if I have it - that is what I need help on. Thanks for your reply.

http://www.americas.creative.com/products/product.asp?product=72&category=&maincategory=

Please let me know if this helps you.

I appreciate the info, but those are all digital connectors, I need analog connectors. I would buy a live! drive, but i will never use enough of the connectors to justify the cost. Anyway, I have decided just to run cables from the back of the computer to the front since I can't find the circuit I need. Thanks for your help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom