Help Save My Harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to try some other hard drive recovery programs before i go and stick it in the freezer.
I am going virtuallab yet tonight and maybe some other ones. From what i read the freezing only lets the disk spin easier so the heads are farther away from the platters. I know my hard drive is spinning because i can access my other partition.

I would do the same.

Freeze trick really only works when the drive is not working at all. But you can still access your first partition.

Another wild idea is this. If you got a copy of partition magic, see if you can see the other partition there. See if the drive is "not visible"

What the heck now you have to have 40 posts to create a thread in the off topic section.
Is this to keep Spammers away or what?

I used Virtual Lab and i was able to see all of my files that i want back But i have to pay 150$ in able to get them copied to their server. It won't let me copy and paste them to my harddrive. It makes me mad!!!
I am tring a different program now that is free. Hopefully this one will work.

Yea new rule in place for the off topic, you need atleast 40 post before you could post in the off topic, keep spammers away.

hickfarm said:
What the heck now you have to have 40 posts to create a thread in the off topic section.
Is this to keep Spammers away or what?
Law said:
Yea new rule in place for the off topic, you need atleast 40 post before you could post in the off topic, keep spammers away.
And this is a bad thing? How?

It's a good idea IMHO.

I found a program that is working on getting my files back. It is FinalData Enterprise.
It is recovering all of my files now. The big movie files are there and are recovered, but won't play.:(
Most of my songs will work though. I think the movies won't play because they got damaged a little or something and it is such a big file.

Is there a way to fix a corrupt file at all after i get it restored?

Thanks for the help so far.

Is there a way to fix a corrupt file?
And also since i can't make a new thread in off-topic yet.
How can resume a torrent download after it has been deleted? These are file that i recovered and are still good that i want to resume downloading with azereus. I read that other post about it, but it didn't work. Can somebody help?

i have had a 200gb maxtor hdd fail on me after 2 months or use. i did not partion it (stupid) and i could not get all my music and setup files for certain programs back. when i tried to get into the hdd i would just get an erroe message. i just sent it to maxtor and i got a refurbished hdd which i am using now and it has not failed on me.....yet. and now i know to not buy maxtor. i have purchased a segate and it has been working fine. but its not in my current computer.

i dont think that you can do anything to make the hdd have a bad sector, some hdd's last forever, some dont.

i have not even heard of putting a hdd into a freezer. i wish someone told me that before i sent mines back to maxtor. my hdd was spinng because i could feel the vibration when i was holding the hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom