Help Problems Playing Movies, All Playes Crash

BrianJ_844

Beta member
I was looking at a friends computer yesterday because she was having trouble playing any sort of movie file on it, I tried both Divx and .avi files and they had the same result, in Windows Media Player, McAfee would say that a buffer overflow was occuring and then WMP would crash. VLC Player won't even open and neither will Quick Time. DVD will play fine on the computer but I have to admit used Dell's Media thingy not one of those three. I also reinstalled WMP and nothing changed. Itunes is working fine however. Any ideas?

The computer is also pretty bogged down but I don't know with what. McAfee doesn't find anything, I have also ran a Spyware program, I can't think of the name off the top of my head but it was like Spybot, a friend recommended it and it found nothing major and had no noteable effect. Do yall have any ideas on better ways to clean up the computer?

My last option would be to transfer everything worth saving to an external hard drive and wipe and reload the hard drive with windows but I call that risky when it isn't my computer.

Any help on any of the above topic would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom