Help Plz about book PC

elmonomalo

In Runtime
Hello all,
I am a pretty experienced user with hardware but i've come upon something can't decide. I have an old book Pc laying around and decided to try to fire it up BUT...
I heard a strange beep noise coming out and tryed locating it. It seemed to be coming from and empty 6 pin molex connector(a regular molex connector is on the motherboard and is connected). I am wondering is my pc not booting up/making a loud noice because i don't have a power supply molex plugged into this 6 pin molex?

Thx

jac006

Golden Master
Geez... tis an old 'un. Well, what have you done with it? It could just be a fried cpu, like I said earlier, but you doubt it I think. Maybe the molex connector's bad... or is the "3 I tested it with"?

elmonomalo

In Runtime
I haven't done much with it, it was a computer i recieved without a power supply. But the power supply i am using is in a great condition without the 6 pin molex.I am just wondering if the 6 pin molex (which i saw was for pci express-{but this board has NO PCI slots}) .

setishock

Wizard of Wires
yo...

it will take an older power supply that has the extra hookup for the motherboard. An older dell or hp will plug right in.