Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJenners

Solid State Member
I wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes anyways. I'm being harassed big time but somebody who is obviously an enemy from the past. Emails and anywhere I go online (I almost expect them to post here). I've changed usernames AND blocked them, they just keep finding me and/or getting different usernames. Is there a way I can track their IP address?? To find out where they are accessing the internet? I just want it to stop, I can't take much more!

Well if you claim that they have monitered your name changing, most likely they have you IP address monitored. Well for e-mail simply get a new account and put in a filter that will look for common words this person types. A dramatic but effective solution would be to change your IP, because unless your ISP publicly posts those changes (in which case you should switch ISP's heh) the person has no way of tracking you. Also make sure that none of the people you commonly talk to know this enemy. Maybe the person you talk to every day on IRC or AIm or whatever, accualy still know that enemy, and is giving them info. Good luck!

also heres how to change your external IP!

go to the router's config.

noramlly your routers Ip address. for example:

you would type that into your web browser...

it may ask for a password.

then you would go to your dhcp page and do a dhcp release and a dhcp renew.. and there! your external IP is changed!

I agree rakedog.\What is this jerks address TJ ?

Quote: Really
also heres how to change your external IP!

go to the router's config.

noramlly your routers Ip address. for example:

==========
Ignore this.It's like unplugging your phone line.The ISP sets these not you.Call them with this problem or the FBI.Or Sherlock Holmes.

to find out router ip:

go to your network connection and right click on status and support tab and you should see your defualt gateway thats your router address.

your inside IPs yes, but you cannot set a static outside IP cause it might confilct with another on thier servers and nether PC will connect.

just dhcp release and renew.

The email address is a false one, I am sure. It's a yahoo address, but for some reason it doesn't show up in the yahoo members list (I was hoping, for one insane moment, that they might have had a profile filled out). This is insane. They reply where I post on online, and when I block them, they just change their username. I don't want to have to change everything (email, usernames even tho I've done it already) just because of this person. I just wish there was a way I could find out who it is. I have IP addresses from them, but can't tell anything other than they use AOL (oh, wow, them a gazillion other people). I've reached the point where I want to find out who it is and ruin THEIR life...*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom