Help please...urgent upgrade..

rohan2jos

Baseband Member
Guys,

My current config is : core2duo E4300 -> 1.8 ghz
2 gb ddr2 ram
onboard hd 5400 series graphics -> 128 mb ( :( )
d945gccr intel motherboard

now, from the past few days, i am experiencing random shut downs...moreover, if there is a slight movement in any of the wires, the computer shuts down with a 'click' sound..and after that, the computer is off, but the power and the mobo led's are on, so pressing any button doesnt help...only option is to turn the main switch off and back on again...

Then, last night, it started beeping and rebooting...so i removed the heatsink, and i could see that the thermal paste needed to be cleaned and re-applied..
i am going to change the thermal paste today....lets see how that helps...

in the meanwhile, i was thinking of giving this build for buy-back and taking an amd 7750 be + 2 gb ddr3 ram + foxconn mobo...

now, what could the problem with my pc be?? IS it a psu prob??

If i could track the problem, i could upgrade my current build to 4 gb ram and a new graphic card...as i am on a very very tight budget...so buying an entirely new computer is out of question..
My requirements are that the build should allow me to run VB 2010 smoothly, and also some multitasking and eclipse ofcourse...as i am going to use it for my B.E project..

What are ur suggestions on this guys?? Its really urgent...so any help and response asap will be highly appreciated..

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom