Help on my D51c

webber22

In Runtime
Need Moar info.

What OS are you running? If it's XP, all you need is a format, and it will be plenty powerful as is for what you need. If vista/7, then you will need to upgrade some parts.

Can we have your current hardware configuration? Hit super + pause, then go to the hardware tab and post what it says.

windows xp version 2002
service pack 3
2.4 GHz processor
1.2 GB ram

It may seem to be enough but i forgot to mention i want to start playing mmorpgs which don't require TOO much, but more than what i currently have.

I have an AGP slot so any cheap but good graphic card choices? 512 MB will do fine by the way :)

Thank you for your fast response!!!

Perfect World and Battle of immortals (can play now but little choppy and low graphics)

Starcraft looks fun! Umm also dungeons and dragons doesnt look to bad! It seems okay :)

Not sure i can run Those, but sure would like too!!!

All you will need is a graphics upgrade unless you want really high settings or something.

What is the +12v amperage of your psu, and what in your budget?

My PSU is VERY bad its only a 220W 5A.
Also I would like to play on medium to high if possible.

Also if You know if its possible to play starcraft 2 at decent speed somehow by upgrading please let me know:)

My budget is $160 ( sorry for low budget, I don't feel like spending TOO much!)

Any suggestions foothead??? I beleive i have a socket 478. Can i put the processor in the link above in my MoBo??? Also, any agp video cards or a good PSU???
Thanks in advance:)

can you go into the windows system profiler and tell us what processor and graphics card you have now? you can find it in START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS.

Do you mean onboard??? Because i only am using the onboard chipset.

As for the processor, If this is what you mean by it>>> 478 pin uPGA, Northwood A80532

Is that all you need?

Back
Top Bottom