Help need to build computer

george2

Daemon Poster
Ok I need to build a computer because my old one is getting a little how you say crap.

I can build a computer but I don't know where to start in looking for parts and which parts to buy. I would be using this computer for gaming, making music and just general stuff (maybe a bit of programming). So I need a computer with a bit of power and good graphics. I would also be playing games online so I need something that can handle that. I have a budget of about $1000 - $2000 AUS.

Thanks George

well first off you want to deside 2 things. what brand processor, and what chip for graphcs. now i garentee 90% of CF pop is going 2 say AMD, as u probably know. but do keep your mind open 2 intel as well, because i find my 3.0 prescott great for all that stuff, although i havn't done any programming yet i plan on it one day....lol for gaming people say AMD is better, for music intel, and for programming idk...in my personal opinon i'd also find intel better for the general stuff. but thats just me. and for graphics....well i would say both ati and nvidia are great but from what i've herd nvidia's top notch cards outdo ATI's. all though i really like the all in wonder series i wouldn't buy it again just because i would want a more spesific card for gaming. but really both are good....sry if i'm not helping u much, but i'd say give us an idea on what brand u wanna go with amd and intel and if u can nvidia or ati. then we could go on from there :p

Aite, firstly, just go with AMD, UNLESS you intend to go with the Pentium M, although that route is more complex.

Anyway, an Athlon 64 3000+ Venice should do you fine. Great value, and you can upgrade to a dual-core CPU in the future when you need it.

For RAM, I'd say get 2 x 512MB of value RAM, and run it in dual-channel. OCZ is a good brand.

If disk space isn't that important to you, then you might wanna get a 10,000rpm Raptor, which would benefit you, making music and playing games.

Try get a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card, or if not, then the 'value' version or a 'Live!' card.

For graphics, I'm gonna say 6600GT as a minimum, but if you need better, then a 7800GT would be a good choice, looking at its price.

I dunno any shops in Australia though, so I can't say where to get 'em from.

Well I think I'll be going with the AMD and I'm still going to look around for some graphic cards. What's the go with the dual core CPU I don't know much about them. What else might I want to get also I'm looking into maybe water cooling it because I'm going to be gaming alot.

George

OK here's the deal, look for these on newegg.

AMD 64 4000
S939 SLi Motherboard
7800GTx 256M SLi
2G PC3500 RAM
100G Western Digital
72G Seagate
DVD/RW Rom
CD/RW Rom
17Inch LCD

Look those up, find the ones you like, and you will want to have sex with your computer.

P.S Look for a water cooling system too, for OCing (overclocking).

If you have any questions IM me on AIM @ HRHunteRHR
Or Private Message me, I can give you links to the good stuff, etc.

if you are in western australia look up www.simline.com.au
great prices..
These are delivery options:
Australian Air Express 5Kg $19.80, Overnight (Regional Deliveries 2-3 days)
Perth Metro Delivery Same or Next Day (Subject to Courier Schedule)
Australian Air Express 3Kg $16.50, Overnight (Regional Deliveries 2-3 days)

OK here's the deal, look for these on newegg.

AMD 64 4000
S939 SLi Motherboard
7800GTx 256M SLi
2G PC3500 RAM
100G Western Digital
72G Seagate
DVD/RW Rom
CD/RW Rom
17Inch LCD

Look those up, find the ones you like, and you will want to have sex with your computer.

P.S Look for a water cooling system too, for OCing (overclocking).

If you have any questions IM me on AIM @ HRHunteRHR
Or Private Message me, I can give you links to the good stuff, etc.

ide get a dual core amd cpu, 2 gigs of pc3500 ram, DFI motherboard, evga 7800gt vid card and a audigy 2 ZS sound card as for everything else u can pretty much choose anything u want cause it doesnt really matter what brand dvd drive u get

OK heres to everyone that missed what $2000 AUS is
2,000.00 AUD (Australia Dollars)

=

1,487.71 USD (United States Dollars)

Back
Top Bottom