Help my laptop is on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynna

Beta member
Not really, but I would really like to light it on fire sometimes. I have an hp pavillion that I bought a couple of years ago for school, and it worked fine at first, but now it's prone to overheating and shutting off. I've formatted it once, and I bought a laptop fans to put beneath it, but it still gets really hot. Is there anything else I can get to cool it? Any tips would be appreciated. (I am in the researching stage of building a new computer so I don't have to deal with this anymore)

put some new thermal paste on it, get a can of air and spray out the dust thats about all aside from what you did already.

I have seen many computers overheat. The first thing to do is this: after your computer is done booting up, check the processes runing in the background. If any process is running high (around 90 - 100) all the time, that could cause your processor to heat up. (Note: "System Idle Process" -- the higher the better, so ignore this one)

I have seen people having to pay some $$$$ to have this issue resolved, particularly with HPs.

thermal paste where would you apply the thermal paste to?

take canned air and spray the fans cause alot of dust build up can cause overheating

it goes between almost ALL cpu's and heatinks, may not work for some laptops as some laptop cpus are soldered right to the mobo. but yea do clean it out with canned air, i was amazed at how much dust came out of mine even after a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom