Help!!! My computer won't start. Get'n weird beeps!!!

To help look for a card, are you located in the States, Europe or elsewhere?

I checked them already. Why reply if you can't avoid being an a-hole? ........and learn how to spell technician.

As you can tell by his rep, he's not really a favorite around here... Anyhow, I would try booting using another video card if at all possible, maybe try reseating the video card or even putting new thermal paste on it.

Hmm, I tried to reseat the vid card too. My motherboard has 2 pci express slots (p6t deluxe), so i tried both slots and got the same error.

InfectionZero: I am in the states. I really don't know where to start to find a vid card. When i built my system I came here and you guys helped me pick the hd 4870x2. At the time it was the best on the market lol....I just want something the same quality or better at a decent price. I don't really want to spend more then 300. The lower the cost the better, as long as it s as good as the 4870 x2 was!

Thanks everyone! ....except Brutus :mad:

I know you said you didn't really want to spend more than 300 but give this a look

HIS 5870

The 5870's are pretty much on par with the 4870 x2's and even beats it in some stuff Im pretty sure.

If you really want to keep it under 300 have a look at the 5850's they aren't much of a loss from the 4870 x2 and are a little cheaper.

your the ahole that needs prodding to report my suggestion ehhh.
Fu.

Why is this guy not banned yet????

Seriously!!!!

theres nowhere i can really test it on. This is my only computer with a pci express slot.

I have a very good feeling it may be the video card. But only after 2 years??????? This thing was really exprensive. What a waste of money.

I guess I may have to go out and buy a new card and see if it works. Any recommendations on a new video card? I'd like it to have crossfire and be able to play games on max settings without slowing. And it must be equally as good as the HD 4870x2 or better!!!

Thanks peeps! ;)

You where given 2 links for this kind of test
TRY THEM OR YOUR MBD MANUAL OR IT'S WEBSITE.
BUT POST RESULTS FOR OUR EFFORTS.
CAN YOU ENTER THE BIOS ????
NAME THE VJDEO CARD ?????

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=319&name=PCI-Video-Cards&

real CHEAP
PC1 X ARE MORE IF YOU HAVE A SLOT.

brutus, i didn't even report you. Someone else did...lol

hahhahahahha

Oooh that card is sexy. CHecked newegg and its 469....a bit pricey though I don't know if i wanna spend that much! lol the 5850 sounds more economical. or the 2x 5770's. Not sure...hmm. Oh yeah, any particular brand I should go with when i make a decision. I really don't want a visiontek since that one went fubar on me!

I know you said you didn't really want to spend more than 300 but give this a look

HIS 5870

The 5870's are pretty much on par with the 4870 x2's and even beats it in some stuff Im pretty sure.

If you really want to keep it under 300 have a look at the 5850's they aren't much of a loss from the 4870 x2 and are a little cheaper.

a little update: got a response from RMA. They are requesting the receipt for the vid card i have and are saying that it sounds like it is indeed defective. Hopefully I can just RMA this one and get a replacement!! Maybe ill still buy another card and crossfire it! haha that would be beastly! :) Can you do that though? crossfire two different types of cards?

Back
Top Bottom