Help me with this choice!

Well I now have a problem. It looks like my transmission may go out in my car. Reason for that is the previous owners did not service the transmission like they were suppost to. The transmission fluid is as dark as your engine oil after 3,000 miles. It is causing slipping, delay in shifting into drive, sometimes jerking into gear from a low speed etc. My brother plans to take it to his workplace (firestone) and drop the transmission pan, dump the oil in it, change the filter, then flush it with the machine. After that he wants to take the filter out which will have probably gotten clogged with all the old gunky fluid throughout the transmission, then put a new one in, and fill it back up with new fluid.

Hopefully this process wont do what I am afraid of....breaking the seals/gaskets. With all the pressure i'm afraid it might do just that. If that does happen, i am probably out of a car for a long time... :( I am hoping to have the work done by the end of the week and hopefully I wont loose my tranny.

I would go with car parts if the transmission is going bad. There is always room for computer upgrades later.

Daeva said:
Save the money and buy a NON GM car... Actually, The seat covers are useless, headers won't do much, and new computer parts will get outdated before they get shipped to your house. Get the laptop man.

That's the most non-american thing I've ever heard. I would love to see a Natural Aspirated Skyline reach horsepower ratings of around 720 like you can from "crappy GM cars". Oh and that's a crate motor, no blowers, no chips.

Well if you will spend 2400 on a laptop. . . You could just spend like 1300 on a desktop and the other ~1000 on car things. Best of both worlds :)

good imput alex. I'm still not sure what i plan on doing, but it's actually looking like it will be either car parts or laptop, and at the moment car parts are taking priority. I just found out that i am having problems with my window. something about the plastic peice that it pushed ^ and down by the motor's gears.

:( seems like a few problems have arisen with my car and hopefully more wont come up.

Back
Top Bottom