Help Me with My Linear Algebra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I don't have my TI-83 on hand, and I don't feel like doing it the long way.

Plus, for me, I learned how to solve this like 3 years ago, so Id be rusty at best.

Edit: Though its odd they only give you one equation, I have only had to solve them in systems, with two or more equations using reduced row ecelon form... (rref)

Sorry we are not here to do your homework for you.

^I am sure asking for help every once in a while is OK, I mean isn't that what forums are for....help?

If I knew what I was looking at I would try to help but I didnt pay any attention in school, and even if I had I only took up to Tech Math (which is a fancy way of saying basic math)

^good point, I wasn't looking for it to be done in its entirety, however, as I've discovered this problem is a lot simpler than I thought it was.. i picked at it and eventually got the proper answer, although im not entirely aware of the theory behind the work itself

i took 2x + 3y + 7z = -5 and let y = s and z = t

with that, you can figure out that:

x= -3/2s - 7/2t - 5/2

and so in vector parametric form (horizontally):

(x,y,z) = (-5/2, 0, 0) + s(-3/2, 1, 0) + t(-7/2, 0, 1)

I'm really stumped :(

Brain%2520fart.gif

Brainfart said:
A lapse in the thought process; an inability to think or remember something clearly.

Haven't seen anyting like that, what we have done is been given 2-3 equations so we can find all the variables in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom