Help me w/ a decision

jo5h

Daemon Poster
Just got my paycheck and i need to update my graphics card in my computer. I have a choice to make. Either I should buy an additional card and use SLI or buy a whole new card.

I currenly have a 7600 gs- here are the spec

gfxcardspeczo1.gif

Should i buy the same card or upgrade to a 8600 GTS or GT ?

hmm i would just get a 8600 because dual 7600's are going to be outdated, its better to get 1 8600 then a little later down the road, get dual 8600's.

I would say upgrade, because that way you have one nice card, and when you get some spending cash, you could buy another one and use SLI. If you just buy another 7600 gs, then when you want to upgrade your comp, you will only be able to buy one 8600.

In other words, go for the newer card, you will get better upgradability later.

Which one don't you see, Heres a comparision / differnce i put together

only difference is core clock and memory clock? Is that a major difference between the GTS and GT?

Yes, the only real difference is between the GT and GTS are the core and memory timings. Oh, and the price of course. If you can afford the GTS, have at it. Otherwise, you'll be more than happy with the 8600GT. :D

Honestly, from what I've seen the only real-world difference between a 7600 and the 8600 is DX 10 capabilites. If an 8800 was an option here then I would jump on it, but between the 86 and sli 76.... If you don't plan on vista then I'd say SLI.

Back
Top Bottom