Help me rebuild my shuttle :)

DirtBikeRidr

In Runtime
So I just grabbed one of my dad's office computers I built for word processing and i just built it cheap just because it was never going to be used to its full potential.

My Plans for the computer:
Video editing mainly
Games - mainly CS:S
Running 2 monitors
Atleast a few processes running at once

Please help me build this computer up, but on a budget.

Supported Specs:
CPU:
LGA775 Core2Duo, Pentium D

Memory:
2x 240Pin DDR2 533/667MHz
2GB Max

Storage:
1x UltraDMA 100 IDE
2x SATA 3.0 Gb/s
I'm using a sata 80gb hdd that I think should be enough for now so i think i might stick with that.

Power:
250Watts

Slots:
PCI-E

Detailed Specs

Thanks In Advance!

Can you get a more powerful power supply in a Shuttle? Stick a Core 2 Duo in there along with a decent cool-running GPU like a 9600. I had one with a single-slot cooler that ran under 50C load.

9600 barely runs source, i had one for a while and i got 40 frames max. and it played around 30 all the time... since he has pci, i would recommend a radeon 4650 because its cheap... and it plays source at 70-120 frames. And i agree, do stick a core 2 duo in there.

I'm using a sata 80gb hdd that I think should be enough for now so i think i might stick with that

If you are going to be doing any type of Video editing you are going to eat up 80GB in like two bytes. I would have a look at this page. It has a lot of options for hdds. I don't know what your budget is like, but you will need at least a 500GB to be on the safe side.

If you are going to be doing any type of Video editing you are going to eat up 80GB in like two bytes. I would have a look at this page. It has a lot of options for hdds. I don't know what your budget is like, but you will need at least a 500GB to be on the safe side.
Technically speaking, you'd eat 80GB up in
85 899 345 920

bytes! :D

lol and for movie editing, your going to want a larger hdd, because those movie files can take up a hell of a lot of space.

I don't know if I can put a bigger PSU in there, the case is so small. Right now I have 1 GB of RAM, do you think that should be sufficient?

Back
Top Bottom