Help me Please! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

smarties_014

Solid State Member
Hi! My computer's motherboard broke recently so i bought a new board. Now I want to back up all of my files from my Hard drive before i format it for my new board. My hard drive is a 300gb seagate SATA. I tried connecting it to another computer but unfortunately it doesent show in the computer's "my computer". Now i tried to use the harddrive's cd software that came along with it. I think it was seagate discwizard. Anyways the program won't let me add the harddrive unless i format it and lose all of my files :( Please help me!! I need to back all these files up. Also i tried setting it up as slave but it seems that u can;t set SATA harddrives as slaves without formatting it. Please help me.

hello there, connect the HDD again and right click MY Computer then select Manage, after that a window will come up, and in the left hand pane select Disk Management, does it say Unallocated anywhere ?

uhhh. The computer with my drive is like very far away from me but can u tell me what to do if it said un allocated?? or tell me what to do if it;s not. i didint expect an answer this fast! WOW. I love this forum.

yes exactly! My problem is backing up the files. Not the harddrive not showing in the "my computer" I just need the files. :( I tired that power desk thing it doe'snt do it either.

That's a problem. MY HD is sata. It don't have jumpers. TO set it as a slave i need to format it. but there's gotta be another way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom