Help me play a joke on a friend with a .exe

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, so I am burning a disk for my friend that will contain Word on it....
I want to play a little joke on her though... Something along the lines of an .exe. I want it to be there, and I will be installing it for her, so I will double click that .exe I just want it to make an error code pop up, in a windows grey box saying like, "Virus detected! This computer is F***ED" Then about 20 seconds later, another one that says "Now Erasing Harddrive"

Think this is possible? Could someone do this for me in visual basic or something?

Yes, it will just not be a .exe file. You won't see that anyways unless she has the "Hide file extensions" unchecked. It will be a .bat. It will be in the command prompt so it will look real.

Just use the ECHOs and it will work fine. You can also do a task kill of explorer.exe so the desktop doesnt work. You can make it say whatever you want though, and do whatever you want.. the "press any key to continue" or the count down thing.. whatever.. make it restart the computer..

Oh, I just used a prank found here:
http://keypusher.tripod.com/pranks.htm
and I type in whatever error message I want, and it will display it in what ever time I choose
I will do it when she isnt looking. We are working on a project, so I will have some chance when she isnt looking.

lol. I remember about 8 years ago.. I was like 10.. We had only one computer, my brothers. I wrote something that took a screenshot of the background, killed explorer.exe (the desktop) and then made the ss the background. I put it in the startup folder.. he was so pissed lol.. everytime he started up his computer he wouldn't know wtf happened.

use visual basic for this kind of joke.
then you can make it popup application error boxes with warnings on them.

or you could use VBScript.

(then your file will have a .vbs extension.

Back
Top Bottom