Help me pick a power supply =[

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
Hey guys
I am *considering* getting a new PC and I've come to the point where I need to select a power supply. Last time I got a generic one and I totally regret it (didn't die, but I think it was the cause for a lot of problems, + had nothing on its rails really).

These are the parts I'm getting:
Core i7 920
Noctua i7 Cooler
6GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
P6T-SE Motherboard
Element S Case with Side Fan

and I'm using these parts which I already have:
Geforce 9600GT
Two or Three SATA2 Drives

I may upgrade to a GTX 260+ video card in the near future so want to consider that in my power supply purchase.

Could you guys help me pick a good one from this link (its sorted by price)?
https://www.ddcomputer.com.au/index...POWER SUPPLY&title1=Sorted price product list

I really don't want to spend more than say $150 but I will if I have to.

Thanks guys
-Rhys

So what's the advantage of the Antec PSU over the CoolerMaster Extreme Power? I know wattage isn't everything, but are their amperages different, or..?

Guys, recheck the site he posted. He's from Australia. :D

The Antec supplies much more power across it's 12V rails @ 69A compared to the Cooler Master with only 36A @ 12V. They are also one of the better power supply manufacturers and are very reliable.

I wish Newegg existed in Australia... even after the conversion rates they're so much cheaper. But I guess with freight etc...

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Antec. But then again... the coolermaster is a better colour! xD

Considering your going to run a Core i7, a few hard drives and high powered graphics card, I'd go with the most power you can afford.

The Antec supplies much more power across it's 12V rails @ 69A
69x12=828W

It does not supply 69A across the 12V rails. It supplys a maximum of 22A per 12V rail, but not all rails can supply 22A at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom