Help me get the HDD plz, about to order.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
After hearing my friend's raptor, I sad "No Way" I don't know what other people are saying, but that thing is loud!

I need an alternative. I made some research about 1 month ago and the new 7200.11 32mb cache hdd looked very good. Would u guys say its the next best thing to a raptor? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148288

I also was originally thinking about going with raid 0, and correct me if I'm wrong, but raid 0 doesn't give any performance boost in games right? It's only good if u moving large files from folder to folder or something like that... I want to get 2 hdd one for OS/games and use the other one for movies/music + if one fail I still have the other 1. Looking at the (Seagate Barracuda 7200.11) are all of them the same accept for the size? Will the hdd be faster if I get a smaller hdd for games like 500g and get 1tb for movies/music or will the 500g and 1T work exactly the same?

These are all important questions to me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

RAID 0 will give you a performance boost loading the games, but not in-game.

I have a Raptor and it really isn't that loud, but it varies from case to case. The case I had before my current one magnified the sound.

I need lots of space. I have large games & about 700GB of just movies/music.

So raid 0 will give me load time boost? but by how much about what 2 sec?

Not really sure. It should be a considerable boost, especially if you get a dedicated PCI RAID card. This is not for reliability though, because if one drive dies, all the data on the other drive is useless.

I currently have raid 0 and it never failed me, even though I'm starting to experience some crashes from time to time during the loading. I have this set up for 2 years now. U are the 1st person who told me that Raid 0 will give me considerable boost, don't know what to do now...Should I go with raid 0 or not...

Few days ago I was able to hear my friend's raptor at work and it was loud. He has the one with the see thru cover. Someone told me that the other raptor with the solid cover is much quieter, how true is that? i mean the one that I heard was really loud!

I dont know if i would say considerable, but loading levels ect.. in games you should notice a difference :D .

And the 7200.11 is a great drive.

I have a raptor and a 7200.10

I love em both

Hey guys,

Im looking on newegg at the Seagate Barracuda hdd the 750G one. they sell one for $219.99 (Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST3750330NS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148295

and they sell the other one for $139.99 (Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3750330AS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148298

is there any differenace? the $220 one has the "ES.2" next to its name, and the $140 one has the 7200.11 both are 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard.

Are they the same? or the $220 one is faster?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom