Help me find the right laptop

m4l490n

Solid State Member
Hello

There is a ton of different laptops out there in the market so I would like to ask the community for help identifying a laptop that meets some criteria I'm looking for.

I'm not so much interested in gaming performance because I'm not a gamer, nevertheless, if the laptop that meets the specs is a gaming laptop then it's ok. The same goes for a mobile workstation.

On the system specs, I'm mainly interested in an Intel Core i7 7th gen and that the laptop is capable of supporting 32GB of DDR4 RAM or more. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not looking for a high-end graphics processor necessarily so any graphics processor that can handle 3D rendering is ok. The kind of processor to work perfectly in solid works because I'll use the machine for mechanical design mainly.

More than system specs, I'm looking for certain physical characteristics of the machine for maximum convenience.

• It shall have two or more video outputs IN THE BACK, preferably two display port OR two HDMI AND a USB type C also IN THE BACK.
  • It shall have the power button accessible with the lid totally closed. I have seen some laptops that have the power button on the side.
  • It shall have a 15" or bigger screen.
  • It shall have a backlit keyboard, it doesn't matter if it's RGB or just one color, what matters is that it is illuminated.

That's pretty much it. Everything else does not matter much as long as it meets this specs. I'm doing my research but is taking longer and I figured that maybe some of you have seen something similar to what I need.

Thanks!

You should also provide a budget.

Also, 3D applications require good GPUs, so you should probably be looking at gaming laptops. Something like this:

Amazon Laptop

I'm not sure about the outputs and power button, but should be looking at similar specs. Most good gaming laptops also have SSDs so you should be good there.

Thanks for helping!

My budget is up to 2500usd

And the one you suggested does not have any port on the back, thanks but it is not a good solution.
I know, I wanted to give you an idea of the specs. I don't know any specific models with those features, but that should narrow down the search a little.

Back
Top Bottom