Help me find a graphics card please...

dallama182

Beta member
Hi, I am looking for some help in finding a suitable AGP graphics card that provides the full Aero experience. The cards I have tried previously have either not fit (3D Fuzion PCI Express 256MB 6200LE) or have not worked (Sapphire RADEON X1300 XT ATI 512MB) so I thought it would be best to ask for some help.

Two of the cards I am currently looking at are:
Sapphire X1550 512MB DDR2 VGA TVO DVI-I AGP

Sapphire X1950Pro 512MB DDR3 Dual DVI VIVO AGP

and I was wondering if anyone could give me any feedback on how these might work in my system, or recommend me any others - preferably from Ebuyer.com.

P.S. I know that I should really upgrade to a new motherboard, processor and PCI express but I don't have that kind of money at the moment, only enough to splash out on a graphics card .

My system:
Abit AI7-GURU SKT 478 865PE 800FSB Dual DDR
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz Socket 478 800FSB 1MB Cache
Corsair 1024MB (x2)
Sony Bravia 32'' KDL32U2000U

i as well am looking for a good AGP, so ill be watching

what do you guys suggest for us?

You can't go wrong with an X1950PRO or the 7950GT if you've got the money, the best of the best. Some other great options, one step down, are the 7800GS, the 7600GT, and the X1650XT. All of which are roughly equivalent, with each having its strengths and weaknesses. The X1650PRO is not a bad option either, but the above options would be much better. I wouldn't even bother with the X1550 unless your budget restricts you to it. It's considered pretty bad by today's standards.

Also, nVidia (XFX) recently released a 7900GS for AGP, but it costs just as much as the superior X1950PRO.

Back
Top Bottom