Help Me Decide

Chosen1

Beta member
I can't decide between these two laptops. Which one of the twos is better for gaming or will give better performance.

Choice 1: Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS7750G-9657 Notebook Intel Core i7 2630QM(2.00GHz) 17.3" 6GB Memory 750GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi AMD Radeon HD 6650M

Choice 2: Newegg.com - HP Pavilion dv6-6170us Notebook Intel Core i7 2630QM(2.00GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory 750GB HDD 5400rpm BD Combo AMD Radeon HD 6770M

Please share your input, I need all the suggestions I can get from people who know this kind of stuffs.

Thank you.

I can't decide between these two laptops. Which one of the twos is better for gaming or will give better performance.

Choice 1: Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS7750G-9657 Notebook Intel Core i7 2630QM(2.00GHz) 17.3" 6GB Memory 750GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi AMD Radeon HD 6650M

Choice 2: Newegg.com - HP Pavilion dv6-6170us Notebook Intel Core i7 2630QM(2.00GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory 750GB HDD 5400rpm BD Combo AMD Radeon HD 6770M

Please share your input, I need all the suggestions I can get from people who know this kind of stuffs.

Thank you.

From the looks of it, your more or less paying for blu-ray capability and a minor bump in VGA processing.

Both are good laptops, but it'll have to be your decision if you want blu ray on such a small screen.

I personally say go with the Acer, blu-ray vs. dvd pixelation is barely noticeable in change on a screen of that size.

Thank you for your input.

I don't intend on watching Blu ray so that compatibly doesn't apply to me.

I'm definitely leaning toward the Acer now. I like the 4 memory slots (2 open), expandable to 16gb.

However, which video card is better? The Acer one has a 2gb video card but the HP one has a better model.

The HP is marginally better with the video card, they'll run pretty close to each other, so don't worry too much about it at that level.

My point exactly, thus, it comes down to the price in the OP's eyes, which one do you want to pay for? And if your not going to use Blu Ray then I believe you have your answer as both are known for excellent customer service which would be the only other deciding factor at least in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom