help me build my new pc

JeffZ115

Beta member
My crappy laptop recently died and my friend, who upgrades his rig every few years gave me his intel i5-6500 for 50 bucks yesterday.It is still a decent cpu and it was a good deal so i took it. I plan on building a pc instead of buying a new laptop.

now I'm wondering what motherboard to get becuase skylake supports ddr3l and ddr4. I found this crucial 16gb kit ddr3l for 62 bucks and also 8gb ddr4 goes for around 55-65 bucks. I don't know what i should get? is there a big difference between ddr3 and ddr4 in performance?

I play some games like csgo pubg etc and edit some videos and do normal work on my computers. I also open a lot of chrome tabs and do multitasking alot so that uses lots of ram.

So what should i get? 8gb ddr4 for faster performance, or 16gb ddr3l for more memory and usability? i do plan on getting a new pc later on but im just gonna use this for like 2 more years
any help would be good

The problem being is finding the board that supports the 3l as it was generally the business geared Q series chipset that had DDR3 support for Skylake on it. Z and H did too but they were more rare. All that's available on Newegg is used so if you're ok with that you can do that, or you will be stuck getting a DDR4 board new (and the used ones on Newegg are basically new priced.)

The problem being is finding the board that supports the 3l as it was generally the business geared Q series chipset that had DDR3 support for Skylake on it. Z and H did too but they were more rare. All that's available on Newegg is used so if you're ok with that you can do that, or you will be stuck getting a DDR4 board new (and the used ones on Newegg are basically new priced.)

would this work?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-H110M...h=item1cbb559414:g:ezIAAOSwEbhbs-yy:rk:1:pf:0

Huh, that board supports Kaby Lake as well....Interesting, cause I have a ton of DDR3 laying around *strokes beard intensely*

Sorry, yea that board will work.

Back
Top Bottom