Help Me Build My Buildly Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Alright well, I've been out of a decent rig for too long, these 3 or 4 days of having to suffer through a TNT2, playing Max Payne at medium settings @ 800x600 with 20 fps, have gone long enough..

I'm gonna look at this build two ways; Phenom X4 or C2Q, as I'm willing to wait to see what AMD has to offer. So I'm gonna list the things that I'm sure about, and the things that I'm not. I'm hoping to hit the $1200 (canadian) mark and I also hope that prices will soon be adjusted to US prices, since we are trading 1.07USD to every 1.00CND, so... WE SHOULD GET SOME BLOODY BETTER PRICES HERE ALREADY!!

Anyway :)

General Parts (Doesn't matter if I go AMD or Intel)

*RAM: Ballistix? OCZ Titaniums? G.Skillz? Patriots? dunno doesn't really matter whichever's cheaper, they can all reach 1000+ MHz..

*Graphics: 8800GT - Possibly 8800GTS V2

*Case: No clue, I don't care for bling anymore, I want best bang for buck cooling, maybe with some modest LEDness in the front, within the same price range as the Apollo, maybe even less

*PSU: 520HX, probably, maybe the VX-550, but I'm so liking the idea of modular, anything in the price range of the VX but modular? Any other company that would be available in Canada? I know Rosewill isn't.

*HSF: Tuniq Tower 120 fur shurrr :) maybe a TRUE or CNPS9700, depending on prices
*HDD: Seagate 320GB 16MB cache.. blah blah blah

*DVD: whatevs

C2Q

*CPU: Q6600

*Mobo: DS3L

Phenom X4

*CPU: Agena 9500/9600/9700, depending on price and multipliers

*Mobo: No friggin clue, know absolutely nothing about AM2 mobos, something comparable to a DS3L in features and price

^The sagitta apparently can't fit large cards! (8800GTX) Wouldn't want to be limited by that in the future. I've considered the 690.. the 120mm front-blue-LED-fan comes standard?

and no way I can get a 590 board for the price of a DS3L. How are the 570 boards? Particularly the Asus M2N-E?

Merkwürdigliebe;1229154 said:
^The sagitta apparently can't fit large cards! (8800GTX) Wouldn't want to be limited by that in the future. I've considered the 690.. the 120mm front-blue-LED-fan comes standard?

and no way I can get a 590 board for the price of a DS3L. How are the 570 boards? Particularly the Asus M2N-E?

i've read that 570 boards are decent. i have a friend that has a biostar, and he like it quite a bit. it seems to be a stable overclocking board, anyway.
abit has a 590 sli that is about 60 bucks more than a ds3l, just for your info.

If you are going to get phenom I would advise waiting for 790 boards as you'll want to use the phenom to its full potential, and of course the 570/590s won't do it.

just go q6600+ TRUE so you can get it sooner
i'm not sure if the TRUE fits though, cuz my case is bigger and BARELY fits the tuniq tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom