help installing xp 64 bit version

ramb_05

Beta member
i am running xp pro and i am trying to install 64 bit version but every time i go to run set up it tells me it is not a valid win32 application...can some one help me

I take it you have a 64 bit cpu? The reason I ask is that Win XP x64 will not install on a 32 bit cpu... :p

yeah i have an athlon 64 3000+, so i have no idea why it wont install. when i try to boot off it it says it is trying to enter dos but script a20 is already in use but i dont know what it means

iamroot said:
Don't be too surprised. I've heard that Win XP 64 is very unstable and quite unusable.
This statement is a Furphy, I have had no problems with my install of x64. Also I have have had no problem with any of the apps I have running on it either.
:D

Most statements are subjective. Anyway, it wasn't a statement. It was just something I heard off the net.

You have to reformat your drive I believe. You can't have XP 32-bit upgrade to the x64. It has to be a clean install...

Nothing much. Except that the 64 bit edition will take advantage of 64bit processors. And driver support for Windows x86-64 is still quite sucky.

@ ramb_05, it's best to stay with 32-bit Windows. It's far much better

@ iamroot, Well, I guess even I'll stay away from 64-bit OS for the rerst of my life. (Until they move to 128-bit processing)

Back
Top Bottom