help in my first PC build

Status
Not open for further replies.

duayne

Baseband Member
hi. been reading this forum for some months now, and i say that the people here are really helpful for newbies on building their first rig. well, im a newbie too, and i'd like to ask for your advice.

first of all, im not going conroe coz it's out of stock :) so ill go AMD X2. i still dont know if im going AM2 or 939 coz i only have $800 do spend (i just came from the Philippines, just graduated there, and managed to save some money. honestly, $800 is all i have right now for my rig) maybe after a few months of work here in Cali, i could save enough money to buy a conroe rig or a better build.

im not really into gaming. im not a die hard gamer. but i could still play some games once in a while, so i dont need a high end video card. maybe a medium stock video card will be just fine for me..

im thinking of getting AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Windsor 2000MHz HT 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor
amd athlon 64 x2 4200+

could you give me a good mobo, memory card, and a semi-fine gfx card to pair with it?

the other part im thinking of getting are these:

seagate barracuda 7200 160gig or the
western digital 250gig

NEC dvd drive combo

logitech wireless mouse/keyboard

antec truepower TPII

case!? i already have a case. i bought it in the Philippines.

all in all, the parts that i chose are more or less $420 already, which leaves another $380 for mobo, memory, and gfx card + shipping and tax.

are there any more parts that im missing?

and oh, im not into OCing,. havent tried OCing before so i guess OCing is out of the topic. but who knows, maybe ill try to OC sometime and see if it will be succesful.

thanks alot guys.. your will help will be very much appreciated.. :)

power supply?

i would go am2 just because its futureproof if you have enough money for the ddr2 memory.

if you do go am2 i would get the asus m2n, its a great board. 90$

ram will set you back 180$

and then youo an pick out a GPU based on that and what you need it for.

For video if you want to spend ~$200 get a HIS x1800gto IceQ3 (if you get into overclocking its the perfect card). A little less money would get you a 7600gt and a little less than that could get you a 7600gs or x1600pro.

Are you going to be gaming?

dario03 said:

Are you going to be gaming?

duayne.com said:

"im not really into gaming. im not a die hard gamer. but i could still play some games once in a while, so i dont need a high end video card. maybe a medium stock video card will be just fine for me..
"

I vote for the Seagate Barracuda 160 Gig, I got it myself and it is amazingly quiet and fast, I love it.

massacreinfallx said:
power supply?

i would go am2 just because its futureproof if you have enough money for the ddr2 memory.

if you do go am2 i would get the asus m2n, its a great board. 90$

ram will set you back 180$

and then youo an pick out a GPU based on that and what you need it for.

ill be getting the antec truepower
yeah.. im really worrying about the ram coz ddr2 will cost more than the regular ones

ill try to look at asus m2n. is this it? asus m2n

thanks..

JoshSB said:
I vote for the Seagate Barracuda 160 Gig, I got it myself and it is amazingly quiet and fast, I love it.

hmmm..thanks for the insight..

anyway, are the memory you're using now good?

RAM? Of course it is, corsair valueselect is still very good RAM, just will not get very far overclocking it, that is the only difference between valueselect and pricey RAM, overclockablity.

If you mean my Hard Drive, yes it is very good, very happy with it and very fast.

Oh yes, and I would suggest waiting till your new parts are at least older till you try overclocking, nothing like burning a brand new piece of equipment that will take awhile to RMA and has a chance of voiding the warranty (however people say it leaves no phiscal trace, OCing, I myself cannot attest to that though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom