help i need system performance upgrade!

I think it's a great CPU for the price. Can't get better than that for the budget you have. As long as you know your motherboard can support a Core 2 Duo, you're set.

I think it's a great CPU for the price. Can't get better than that for the budget you have. As long as you know your motherboard can support a Core 2 Duo, you're set.

for $175 u can get an E6550 (which is almost identical to the E6600) so i think u can find something a little better than an E4500

He doesn't want to spend more than $150. That CPU he linked is perfect for the price which covers taxes and shipping too. Oh wait, the shipping is free for that, lol. For something less than $150, that's the best Intel Core 2 Duo he can get, unless he's willing to fork over a little more. In that case, that E6550 is the best.

is the extra like 25 bucks worth it. and also will it be a tremendous increase in performance? like load times and fps in games.

ok i have a couple more questions in crysis i play on all medium now will some of the visual tings go to high after i get this processor? and i get like 45 fps cosntant on meduim and like 25 on high will this go up dramaticly?

You'll definitely meet the requirements to play Crysis. You clearly don't have any problems with the RAM count since you have a whole bunch. I thnk you'll do fine with what you have. I'm not too familiar with ATi video cards but you have 512MB of video RAM on that thing which helps a lot. As far as playing it at high settings, maybe you're not quite there yet. The resource used to get the full potential of the game is way too great. I wish I can play it on my laptop but it doesn't have a video card.

I don't know how to get the fps count when playing Crysis, but there are software out there like http://www.fraps.com/ that have something like that where it monitors frames per second.

like i said i no what i have is decent but i want to get that dual core so i dont have to upgrade any time soon. and i no this is noobish question but is there a program that will tell me what motherboard i have.

Back
Top Bottom