Help! I cant get any sound to work from my computer all of a sudden.

s__dime

Solid State Member
Yesterday everything worked fine today I cannot get sound to play from any sources but it makes noise when i bootup with the windows opening noise. I go to the control panel under sound devices and it says i have no audio device installed what should I do? I reinstalled the drivers for my audigy 2 platinum and ran a diagnostic it told me my Wave, Midi, Mixer and Mixer setting failed and when i went to fix them, it says the problem cannot be fixed automatically and that I need to reinstall the software of my audio hardware????

Thanks

i would do as it says, completely uninstall the hardware, software and everything else that is with it

ive done that and it still does not work system sounds work ie start up and stuff but nothing else.

hmm... have you gone into the device manager and removed the hardware from there?

EDIT: if you havent, let me know and ill walk you through it no problemo

I uninstalled the audigy 2 from the device manager by the right clicking and pressing uninstall then updating the driver doing the same thing(right clicking update driver) now it says that my multimedia audio controller does not work(yellow exclamation next to it) and the sound still does not work and i cant find a driver for it.

well, then i would try a system resotore other than that i have no idea what-so-ever, or you could try moving the soundboard to another pci slot, that may help

Back
Top Bottom