Help!I can't download anything, i think zonealarm messed up my computer

Hmmm... Try these programs then...

TuneUp Utilities 2006 - Cleans up your registry, defrags it, and optimses your system.
CCleaner - Cleans up any crap that you don't need, like temporary internet files, wasted space, etc. Hence the name.

Hopefully they'll get rid of any remains of Zone Alarm for you.

when u were in the registry editor where did you look? chances are it will be under HKEY_CURRENT USER/SOFTWARE and then something like zone labs or zone alarm, or also there is another 1 but i forgot the other folder, i think it is HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE/SOFTWARE i don't remember exactly how the folders are named but those are the names. under the software sub-directory there is probably a zone labs folder, just delete it entirely :p

ZA won't block a download unless the setting are turned up to max. Then it looks at everything as a threat. Also since you state you removed it and it still occurs then it's not za. Check your browser settings. On my IE6sp2 I have it set to question all downloads. This is due to an ongoing problem with a ad agencey trying to shove a DL on to my IE. Look in the tool setting at the top of the browser.
As for other programs saying ZA is still there, do a reg clean up. The reg entry is still there giving a false return.

I'll download tuneup utilities and ccleaner on another computer, i'll get it over to mine and run them. for some reason in registry editor, i couldn't delete the zonealarm files (it wouldn't let me) but i found them. if nothing works, and it doesn't let me delete the files i've found, i geuss i'll back up all my important stuff and reformat. btw i think i had it set on high, which is the reason i can't download anything, and programs like aim and ares that i have can't connect to the internet. if anyone has other suggestions for programs i could install that would get rid of ZA please post 'em. thanks for the help, everyone.

well i am running ZA and everything is on high execpt i am in a trusted zone from my network. i never have any problems with it, i just get asked 2 accept things alot it seems, also make sure 2 run ccleaners registery cleaner, and i would say make a backup. if that doesn't work and ur willing 2 try and find a program called eraser 5.0 or something like that u can probably get rid of it.... i would probably just reformat if those programs don't help

Back
Top Bottom