Help!! How do I overclock?

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
I have a Intel 875 Motherboard and I've been reading up on how to OC, but when I enter BIOS, I can't access the CPU speed or even get near the Memory. I have a Gateway, so this might be the reason, but I really don't know. Please HelP!!

Its probaly locked if you got it from a company that sells them built like HP or DELL its normally locked

Gateway, the brand Gateway! Yes some computer manufacturers burn the eprom so you cannot make any changes. I use to have an e-machine and that's what they had done. They don't want you to overclock, they want you to buy another faster computer!

You can try to move the jumper on the motherboard. It should be near the system battery on the MOBO. Shift the jumper over one pin the other direction, and then restart the PC. It will enter configuration mode, then you MIGHT be able to change it. Try that. GL, Gateway and Dell are loosers, but Dell is 300000000X worse.

isn't there any other way, I haven't really been inside a computer that much so I really don't want to mess it up. But if thats the only way, then I guess i have no other choice, huh

I dont know if that will work, but if it may... Try it, you cannot hurt it by moving the jumper. It just allows configuration mode to be accessed. Give it a whirl, no sense in not trying. It is a small 3 pin thing by the MOBO battery, with only 1 pin showing since the jumper goes over the other two pins. Shift it so that the jumper covers the other pin, and the center pin. Go from there, make sure PC is off when you do it! GL!

and then after i configure it should i move it back over the same two that it was on or leave it the way i adjusted it

Or you can try and install the software called CLOCKGEN and see if it allows you to overclock on software level.

Clockgen is nice as it allows me to test my CPU's max limit without having to constantly go into the BIOS.

just go into the bios and adjust the FSB. (probably cant get there anyway.) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH COOLING OR ELSE SAY YOUR LAST WORDS TO YOUR CPU. (AND MAYBE EVEN WHOLE COMP)

Back
Top Bottom