Help!! Gaming resolution all screwed up!

Shooter116

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I play counter-strike everyday so I don't understand why this happened. I didnt change any hardware or anything, the only thing I did was install a new gaming mouse. But as I opened counter-strike to test it out, I noticed that my resolution looks way off now. I have a 22" Samsung and I usually play on 1280x800 widescreen mode. It used to look very sharp and very clear, and I always had a constant FPS of 60 which I was satisfied with. Now, if I use the same resolution, it is very misaligned and choppy, and everything doesnt show up on screen, you can see it being somewhat cut off. I am not sure exactly what the problem could be, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers. Is there something that could have caused this??

System - Dell Dimension 4550
CPU - Intel Pentium 4 2.0ghz
Ram - 1GB DDR
HDD - Maxtor 120GB
Monitor - 22" Samsung LCD (225BW)
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 6200 AGP 8x/4x

If you all need any more information just let me know! My AIM is Shooter116, that would be an easier way to talk. Thanks in advance!

Yeah I have, all of the widescreen resolutions dont look too good except for 1680x1050 which is what I use for my regular resolution as well. That one looks perfect. I would use it but my video card gives me too low of FPS.

damn your board is OLD max 1gb ram?!

i'd recommend u upgrade a lil, to help overcome this: if u want a really cheap upgrade, get a new board that supports your ram and AGP, but make sure it supports an Athlon X2 (dual-core is everyhting).

then, u can give it like your original RAM and graphics card, and then upgrade to like 4GB and a 7950 - your PC will be screaming by then

..just a suggestion

um dont you have to put it in 1280x1024 and then put it in 16x9 mode?

But 1280x1024 shows up as a normal display mode in steam and it makes the game look kind of flat but really wide if that makes any sense. Thats why I used the widescreen resolution since it seems to fit my monitor better. And there is no 16x9 option anywhere.

damn your board is OLD max 1gb ram?!

i'd recommend u upgrade a lil, to help overcome this: if u want a really cheap upgrade, get a new board that supports your ram and AGP, but make sure it supports an Athlon X2 (dual-core is everyhting).

then, u can give it like your original RAM and graphics card, and then upgrade to like 4GB and a 7950 - your PC will be screaming by then

..just a suggestion

Yea the system is pretty old... I always think about upgrading some of the internals but I read that you cant really customize dell's too much so I thought I would try to save up for a nice PC. Or maybe get one built, If thats cheaper.

well if your getting a new mother board you just build a brand new computer
and use the hard drive and dvd player

Back
Top Bottom