help finding a motherboard

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
ok i need help find a gd motherboard, it has got to have:

Intel 975X (Socket LGA775) (for Conroe & Kentsfield)
DDR2 667/800 8GB max
3 x PCI (32 bit) (has got to have 3 slots, for tv card, wireless card and sound card)
1 x PCI-Express (x1) (dont mind if it hasnt)
2 x PCI-Express (x16 Graphics) (which supports nvidia sli, NOT ATI crossfire)

Okay, first you specified, Intel i975x. That ONLY supports CF (8x 8x). Until Nvidia says it supports SLI on the Intel chipsets. IF AND ONLY IF you are in dire need of SLI, you need an Nvidia chipset. They are horrible, and so not worth the premium you pay for them. I dont know why you REQUIRE SLI, or even a PCI TV tuner, as you can get a PCI-E one now. And for a while less card, you can just hook one up to your ethernet port and run wireless off of that.

I would rather get the P5WDH, or the P5B Deluxe over any nvidia chipset. You WON'T find a good Nvidia chipset motherboard. Guranteed.

I know the P5W DH, has all except the SLI... other than that, I dont think there are any out that match what you want.

so even tho its got 2 PCI-E slots u cant have 2 Nvidia cards in? if that is so, i think its stupid, i think they should make all motherboards support both ATI crossfire and Nvidia SLI so you can choose which 1 u want in.

Too bad it blows hard. You can use SLI if you find hacked drivers. That is the ONLY way to get it.

its like the motherboard i have now is ok, coz its got everything i want, but not the support for Conroe & Kentsfield thats the only prob with it, and its hard 2 find a motherboard like it that can support Conroe & Kentsfield.

SLI works perfectly fine on the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe, it's only the QUAD SLI that was having problems until recently.

Back
Top Bottom