help fast please

esa193

Fully Optimized
msi 650i mb
had a core 2 duo in it
we upgraded it to a Q8200
and now the thing wont boot i reset the gpu ram
no good i dont think it could be the cpu?

The Q8200 is a 45nm Quad core, the 650i Chipset can't support a 45nm quad. Same problem I have. Go into the BIOS and clock your FSB down to 1130MHz. It it won't go to BIOS, once the computer is on, press the Reset button on the case and repeatedly hit the BIOS key. Keep trying this until it gets to BIOS.

Only the Nforce 7 series and above can support the YorkField Quads. (fully at least)
The boot time will be slower because it will have to manually readjust each time it boots, but that should at least make it boot.

Same for my 680i. Supports 1333 FSB, but only on 65nm Quads (the KentsField) and 65/45nm Duo's, and lower, etc. Refer to my above edit for how to get into BIOS.

Alright well thanks, were going to try that now.

Whats the bios key again?

theres no power going from the usb to the keyboard?

Whatever it is on your motherboard. For most NVidia Chipsets, it's the Delete key. For some it's F1, F2, F10, or F12. Most of the time it will tell you.

If you've not used the keyboard in windows before, yes. Otherwise, a USB keyboard works fine.

EDIT: Try a legacy keyboard just to rule that out.

Well, my computer is the one that esa193 and i are actually working on. We tried setting the FSB down to 1130 but still no luck at all. Nothing happens as we put the computer on, not even a bios beep. So we put the dual core back in and am contemplating returning it to newegg if possible.

It could just be a DOA proc, but be forewarned...45nm Yorkfields are NOT supported by <NForce 7 Series boards. Call and ask the manufacturer of the board to verify this.

Back
Top Bottom