Help edditing a txt file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I don't know where this goes. So i'll put it here.

I have a txt file for GTA4 that i wish to mod to remove all police. it's basicly this for every zone in GTA4, but each one is slightly different (there is about 80 areas in GTA)

gta4edit.jpg

I want to change all the numbers in the red box to zero, all the way down in every zone. And i obviously dont want to tediously edit each individual section. And i cant even copy and paste for each section (because you obviously cant just highlight them columns and rows in the red box...) so i think you understand my problem.

Can anyone think how to do this i that takes no longer than 5 or 10 minutes ?

some type of copy and paste into excel. It would be tab delimited then you could use the replace function and copy and paste back perhaps. If I had the file I could give it a shot.

just kill the police and if u get 6 stars u gotta find a boat and drive it straight off the map and they eventually stop following u and u lose the stars

Get Notepad++. You can setup a macro function that records the key combo's you've done. So for example, set it to the first line to backspace, go dowdn a line, backspace/type in the number you want/repeat. You can even set it to repeat X amount of times ;). I use Notepad++ instead of regular Notepad on all my computers.

Ok thanks. it was quite hard, the columns didnt even line up all the way down !

I finally managed to get it to work using find and replace, luckily as you can see in the pic the two fields i wanted to edit had more spaces than the rest. by copy and pasting the number and all the spaces between the next column the replace all function did change it all.

Just a shame the game won't launch. It wouldn't launch before i eddited, i fixed it before by reinstalling - but that didn't work this time :mad:. so i installed it on a new hard drive and i get a different error..woopy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom