Help Diagnosing a Gigabyte Motherboard

Blargenth

Beta member
So I just got in some new parts, a gigabit mother board, amd processor and a ram stick to finnally upgrade my computer.

Got everything plugged in and flipped the power and the thing runs, the little light indicates its thinking, but I can't get anything to display on the screen which leads me to believe its not communicating with my graphics card. Can I please get some help?

This is the motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

and this is the old graphics card I have: ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5770 Graphics

Ask me if you need info on anything else like the processor or anything like that.

well quite a few things can cause u not the get a boot screen.
make sure you have the right cable in the 8 pin cpu power connector
and try 1 stick of ram by itself in every slot and see if maybe the ram isn't on the right slot.

Well hurtle one has been crossed, and now the computer is booting up and displaying. Sadly though once it gets to the windows loading screen, it blue screens. Startup repair couldn't identify a problem either and the blue screen error message is very vague, not giving much but like 4 memory addresses.

did you do a fresh windows install? if you dint is recommended you do you might have conflicting drivers from your previous hardware.

No and worse I don't think I have a windows 7 install disk, just an upgrade disk from when I switched it from windows vista....

Back
Top Bottom