HELP!!! Bootable dvd

Greenglob

Solid State Member
Ok, so the harddrive on my laptop crashed. i have ubuntu 11.10 on a dvd in .iso form... is there away that i can boot and keep the os soly on the dvd and never use the crashed harddrive?

Ubuntu isn't made to run off of a DVD. Plus you'll have no where to store your files or data.

There are some OS's that can run off Flash Drives but I'm not sure how they work. Why not just reload the crashed hard drive?

I think if you put the cd in it gives you the option to test it.. and you can use the internet.. not sure about others , I don't use linux but have done and did in the past just put the cd in and used it .. altho it does run on your HDD I think.

Just test it to see if you can access the HDD, if you can I'd back up the data up and just format the whole thing lol

You can operate Ubuntu off the DVD, however, you will be able to use proprietary drivers nor get the machine to remember settings or passwords you may change.

For the record, I have run my laptop for a couple weeks off an Ubuntu CD while waiting for a replacement hard drive to come in the mail.

Hey, i did everything as that guy explain there, but at the last steps i get error (when i drag files wich i want to burn)...

the file "xxx.xx" is larger than 2 gb and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO file system.

video converter

Back
Top Bottom