Help and Support

CarpeNoctem

Daemon Poster
Ok so here is my problem. I am wanting to get rid of "Help and Support" from classic view of the start menue.

I have checked out...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
but I cant find the value to hide it.

Can someone tell me where I can go to hide "Help and Support" either in or out of the registry?

OK, I think i know where it's hiding....ok, 1st go to control panel/ performance + maint./ Administrator tools/ services...

In there will be SUPPORT & SERVICES, and you can change it in there from auto to manual or disable.

But note this...i am not held responsable if you disable it and it screws up yer comp.

I simply just told you where it was located...

CarpeNoctem said:
Ok so here is my problem. I am wanting to get rid of "Help and Support" from classic view of the start menue.

Why? doesn't bother me, and if you have some kind of problem you can go to that and it will aid you in figuring out what is wrong.

It bugs me because half the time when I try to go to run I click help and support and it takes 10 seconds to load.

Ok, for anyone who is having problems with this...I have found out how to remove "help and support" and everything else on the start menu.

Run>gpedit.msc>user configuration>administrative templates>start menu and taskbar

This is a good place to find settings for a lot of things that are not in control panel....have fun.

Back
Top Bottom