Help a noob

I don't recognize anything other than amazon. Then again i'm a 'murican, so i woudn't know a sainsburys from a boots...

I don't think you have anything to worry about. The Etailers had been aboveboard about everything lately.

If you did have a problem and you can't resolve with them go to ResellerRatings.com and file a gripe. The head office usually watch how their business is doing on this site and may take actions to remedy it.

Generally speaking, bad parts will be replaced by retailers. However, be aware that if they determine that YOU damaged the part, they will deny the replacement. As an example, if you bend the pins in the cpu socket because you attempted to insert the cpu incorrectly, most (if not all) vendors will deny the replacement.

I had this problem with bent CPU pins on the motherboard I ordered from Newegg but I did not damage it as it was already damaged. I ordered a new board and they sent me an opened box with the damaged board in it.

I sent it back and they determined that I damaged it and sent it back to me. I told them horseshit and griped on ResellersRating but really laid it on them. I said I built PCs for years and knows what I'm doing and that they are liars.

The head office took notice and intervened. They said send the board back with their label and I'll get a replacement plus a $25 credit for my troubles. This board was for my Celeron later an i3 system.

[UPDATE] Parts ordered I just used Amazon it was only an extra £20 to let Amazon fulfill the entire order I thought it was worth it for simplicity

Items all arriving together on Thursday can't wait already

Thanks again for all the help I will post another update here on Thursday

I will also post here if I receive any problems with the build (but might also start a new thread for the problem if I think it's worth it

Part have arrived assembled and booted into bios all seems to be working

that's as far as I have got going to install Windows 10 and sort ram it looks like it's running slow maby a bios update or using d.o.c.p ?

Yeah, you can save some time and download the latest drivers onto a flash drive while windows 10 is installing. the latest bios may help speed things up. iirc, the original bios'es (sp?) didn't support all the memory profiles natively, so updating that is a must.

After looking into updating the bios it seems that the board has a later bios than is available on the internet could this be correct ?

I used MSINFO to check the bios version I used the date
I then looked on mb website and the bios date was 3 days earlier on the website

Back
Top Bottom