Hello everyone Building a PC for the first time and need HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viviffx

Baseband Member
Here is what I have so far not sure if all the parts are compatible. If they are sweet. If not let me know what I should use to replace. Give or take if there is a better component out there i am willing to spend up to 30$ more per part or if there is a better deal on a cheaper one thats even better! Here is a list to my PC build so far.

Case 99$
Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,Full mesh design front bezel, comes with Six Fans

Motherboard 99$
MSI 880GMA-E53 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Video Card 120$
SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Power Supply 110$
COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W ATX12V v2.31 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Processor 90$
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX

Ram 72$
Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT25664BN1608

Hard-drive 50$
Seagate SV35.5 ST3500410SV 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Keyboard 60$
Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard

Monitor 125$
ASUS VH202T-P Glossy black 20" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ aspect control

Mouse 45$
Logitech MX 518 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Optical Gaming Mouse

CD/DVD 20$
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B - OEM

Windows 99$
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

Heatsink 30$
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel ...

To make life easy i want to use this pc mainly for gaming. Here is a list of games i plan on buying.
Diablo 3
Final fantasy xiv
WarHammer Dawn of War II

Well hoping for alot of responses and and hoping this goes well so i can try to order my parts in the next week or 2 thanx again everyone.

Thanx for that first post changed both items.
The big thing is does my motherboard match up? The other thing is there a better upgrade to it also seems like it does not have that many slots

Hey what's up welcome and all.

When you're posting on the forums you can just copy paste the urls from newegg and it'll auto-correct the link for you. Displaying the name with a link to the store. I did the leg work for you and here's what you've got.

Case:
Newegg.com - Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Mobo:
Newegg.com - MSI 880GMA-E53 AM3 AMD 880G

V.Card:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750

Power Supply:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W

CPU:
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz

RAM:
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 4GB

HDD:
Newegg.com - Seagate SV35.5 ST3500410SV 500GB

Keyboard:
Newegg.com - Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4

Monitor:
Newegg.com - ASUS VH202T-P Glossy black 20&#34

Mouse:
Newegg.com - Logitech MX 518 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Optical 1800 dpi

Optical Drive:
Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders

Heat-sync:
Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler

-----------------------

Your mobo and cpu should work together. Though don't know if you can get better stuff or combo deals for anything. I'll look around and see what I can find.

Here's what I'm seeing that could be a problem.
-Your V.Card is out of stock.
-Your Heat-Sync isn't AM3 compatible (or at least doesn't list itself as).
-A lot of times bare drives don't come with cables. Pick up a Rosewill sata cable they're like $3.
-500GB isn't really that big. For $14 more you can get this drive (also a Seagate Barracuda) but 1TB.
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB

Alright more feedback. I changed my Harddrive that was a good find. Rosewill 18" Serial ATA cable for 3.99 is this the cable i need? Ok for the heat-sync i didnt think that was right in the first place what do you think would be a close replacement? The V. card i found one on ebay a little cheaper so that part is covered. Thanx again and cant wait to here back on other stuff.

ok Another question that heatsink you recomended comes with tx-2 thermal paste or should I but Artic silver-5 paste instead?

ok cool that will save me a couple of bucks by getting rid of that.
Some more of my concerns
1. cables needed?
2.Keep current motherboard or upgrade?
3.How well will this pc run FFxiv or warhammer 2? or can i not even tell yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom