Hello ComputerForums!

You kind of contradicted yourself here in your posts. You said you don't need a super powerful machine, but you seem to be building a tank...you don't need an i7 if you aren't encoding or editing things. A Phenom 2 will do better in gaming...and AMD build is probably quite a bit cheaper right now...so more bang for your buck (for what you are using it for). And honestly, you shouldn't have a bias against ATI...IMHO, they are you're best bang for your buck right now in the GPU category. I love nVidia and ATI, but if you aren't giving me the best for my money, I'm not going to buy something from you..that's my philosophy on that. But, it's your money. For what you are doing, if you are doing casual gaming, but want very good performance, I'd grab a single ATI 4870 or an nVidia 260 Core 216. If you want to game heavier, then maybe grab 2 of either of the above cards and do a CF or SLI setup, depending on what platform (AMD/INTEL) you choose.

My 2 cents. Oh, and wise decision on not upgrading...it would probably cost as much as half of this build to get it up to decent specs with outdated hardware.

True..true. Yeah I realized that building would be a better option.
SLI is when there dual cards working correct? but what is the CF?

and if it was your choise between AMD or INTEL what would you pick?

Also I am currently looking for a big motherboard since I want a get a full tower case. I already got a sound card and a video card hanging around, right now I am considering of buying Vista 32-bit, but there is also 64 for little more cash but since I never really used Vista because I've been always an XP geek, so how is it? In performance? I mean of course I used it for a little bit, but none of my machines are set up to Vista.

True..true. Yeah I realized that building would be a better option.
SLI is when there dual cards working correct? but what is the CF?

SLI is running 2+ nVidia cards together, CF (Crossfire) is running 2+ ATI cards together.

and if it was your choise between AMD or INTEL what would you pick?

AMD and ATI because right now they are the best bang for your buck.

Also I am currently looking for a big motherboard since I want a get a full tower case.

A "big" motherboard is called ATX. A smaller, more square version is something called microATX. Both of these sizes will fit in a mid-tower or full tower case, so unless you are getting 10 hard drives and 5 dvd drives, you don't need a full tower case. Most people have mid-towers.

right now I am considering of buying Vista 32-bit, but there is also 64 for little more cash

If you want to use 4+ GB of RAM, you need a 64-bit operating system. So, in this case, you want the 64-bit.

but since I never really used Vista because I've been always an XP geek, so how is it? In performance? I mean of course I used it for a little bit, but none of my machines are set up to Vista.

Don't listen to all the hype about people saying Vista sucks and is extremely buggy. That was more or less the issue pre-SP1. Now that it's been out for a while, it's been working great. I use it everyday and have had absolutely no problems. Soon Windows 7 will be out, though, so you may or may not want to wait until it's release to get that, otherwise you'll still be just fine with Vista.

Okay so Windows Vista 64 bit.

From your opinion and my research I will go with ADM and get a duo ATi cards.

Any particular ideas for AMD processor and motherboard ?

OK, If I were you, I would get a core2quad, gtx260 or 275 (depending on the extent of gaming you want to do), and a decent antec case. Then get 2 500gb SATA harddrives, run them in raid, and a 800 watt corsair PSU and you're good to go. i7's are overrated, and they are going to be discontinuing them anyhow.

OK, If I were you, I would get a core2quad, gtx260 or 275 (depending on the extent of gaming you want to do), and a decent antec case. Then get 2 500gb SATA harddrives, run them in raid, and a 800 watt corsair PSU and you're good to go. i7's are overrated, and they are going to be discontinuing them anyhow.

Links if available I got a huge order for my job to do, can't search currently thanks.

AMD's are a little cheaper, but /through my experience/ Intel is still the better buy. I'd go with a Q66/Q67, A 750i SLI, 4Gb of OCZ PC2-6400 SLI advanced timings SPD RAM, A single GTX 260 Core 216, dual SeaGate Barracuda 7200.12 500Gb's in RAID0, and to top it off...about a 750w PSU. All that would be needed from there is a case, an optical drive, and a cooling solution - (Case fans, CPU cooler, thermal compound.).

AMD's are a little cheaper, but /through my experience/ Intel is still the better buy. I'd go with a Q66/Q67, A 750i SLI, 4Gb of OCZ PC2-6400 SLI advanced timings SPD RAM, A single GTX 260 Core 216, dual SeaGate Barracuda 7200.12 500Gb's in RAID0, and to top it off...about a 750w PSU. All that would be needed from there is a case, an optical drive, and a cooling solution - (Case fans, CPU cooler, thermal compound.).

Once again My friend links please I am really busy currently we got a really big wine order today to my comapy :mad:

Bump

Back
Top Bottom