Hello all! new and i have ethernet ?

Mercedeslover715

Beta member
Hello,

I was junkie for abroad in the like third world countries for 5 years. Finally back and now way behind in the world. So i work currently for a insurance company from home. They say my ethernet has to be plugged into my modem for security reasons. I went to bestbuy spent 50 bucks on 50ft ethernet cable reach my modem. I will be returning that as i found way better deals through here. However, my question is, i am moving, is there a way to have the ethnernet cable plugged in without a physical wire to the modem/router? I really appreciate this and look fforward to looking getting my tech skills up! Thank you guys! very sorry if this was answered but time is of the essence.

The reason they are saying you have to connect via an ethernet cable is because nobody can break into a cable easily whereas with wireless it is relatively easy to clone your wireless password and then break into your system. Obviously working for an insurance company you will be storing sensitive information on your computer. What they have omitted to say, or you didn't say in your OP is that you will also need to turn of the wireless in your modem and your computer. Wireless working is not particularly secure whilst cable connection is much more secure. Be careful of the cheaper ethernet cables. Security wise they are not a problem but the cheapies can slow your connection down considerably compared to the more expensive ones. If your company has a tech department I would have a word with them.

Be careful with powerlines. Even though they say that they cannot be accessed from outside the mains circuitry of the specific building I have heard of cases where they have been accessed. Again I would urge you to talk to your companies tech department if they have one. You are dealing with very sensitive information and security is of the utmost importance for you.

Welcome aboard! (waving from a third world country)

You could ask the IT department in your company for a solution. They should know a way if one exits and if it is allowed to begin with.

And I love my MB W124. Yesterday I replaced the fan clutch bearing bracket. I was lucky to find one.

Back
Top Bottom