Hello all, I'm new here and need some help.

melodeathic

Beta member
Please, don't send me hate for being so nooby. I am genuinely interested in coding and have just downloaded Microsoft Visual Studios 2012 express. I have a few questions, however.
1. Is the 2012 version still C++? I noticed that on the download page, the 2010 version specifically says c++ whereas 2012 does not. For someone with no background in coding, this is quite confusing and google does not help.
2. Do you guys have any good websites for tutorials on getting into coding with C++ and maybe C#? If I find I really enjoy doing this, I plan on going to college for this and would really like to know stuff BEFORE I go in.

Please help, I know these may seem like very noob/dumb questions, but nothing is helping me determine if the version I have is actually C++!

Please, don't send me hate for being so nooby. I am genuinely interested in coding and have just downloaded Microsoft Visual Studios 2012 express. I have a few questions, however.
1. Is the 2012 version still C++? I noticed that on the download page, the 2010 version specifically says c++ whereas 2012 does not. For someone with no background in coding, this is quite confusing and google does not help.
2. Do you guys have any good websites for tutorials on getting into coding with C++ and maybe C#? If I find I really enjoy doing this, I plan on going to college for this and would really like to know stuff BEFORE I go in.

Please help, I know these may seem like very noob/dumb questions, but nothing is helping me determine if the version I have is actually C++!

1. File > New Project/Solution > Should see an option for Vistual C++ (possibly under 'Other Languages' tab). That'll tell you if you have C++ for sure or not.

2. Honestly, I didn't know any languages (other than some basic HTML) before I went into my CSC courses, and I was able to pick them up fairly quickly. We learned C++ in our courses, and I picked up C# on my own.

For C++, this is the book we used, and IMO it's fairly good for beginners: Starting Out with C++: Early Objects (7th Edition): Tony Gaddis, Judy Walters, Godfrey Muganda: 9780136077749: Amazon.com: Books

C# I just picked up myself from a friend.

Back
Top Bottom