Hello advice on cheap am2,am2+ mbs

walsh155

Baseband Member
Hello everyone can you tell me the best cheapest am2 board to buy in the uk i want to upgrade but im only allowed £60 for motherboard which has to include ram and cpu and cooler and fan please HELP maplins is too dear

you mean 60 for a mobo, ram, and cpu? I'm not really sure what the exchange rate is right now, (i think thats around 120-130US$) but that doesn't sound like enough.

yes thats right thats all i can afford

And also is the ecs GF8100VM-M5 mobo any good can get 1 for £26 also seems to support am2+

Right, so your £60 needs to cover you for your board, RAM and CPU?

Seriously - just stop right there. It's a bit like me saying I've got £500 and want to by a mansion, it's not going to happen!

If you've genuinely only got that much available at the moment, as far as I see it you've got 3 sensible options:
- Save up until you've got about double that amount and then have another look
- Look at second hand stuff on ebay and the like to try and find some bargains
- Scrap the whole idea for now and come back to it when you've got more to spend!

I'm all for building on a budget - my machine does more than I need it to and came in at well under £200. But when you're looking to UPGRADE something for a stupidly little amount of money, sometimes the only sensible answer is - don't.

60 pounds i believe is 100 us dollars i really don't think that is possible
Add that to the fact that parts are generally more expensive over here anyway - something priced $100 across the pond is likely to be much closer to £100 here than £60.

Back
Top Bottom