heeeelp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxkid913

Solid State Member
I'm trying to add a user on this computer which is connected to a network domain "blackrhino". every time i go into the users section of the control panel i add user and add a user, ex: "mrodriguez" i can set it up and set it as an administrator. Ok then when i log off and try to log into windows with mrodriguez it won't log in to this computer or the domain blackrhino. It didn't ask me to set a password when i created the user so I don't know how to set one up. Can someone help? I need to add 2 users on this computer to connect to the Blackrhino domain and have separate emails and what not. Please reply ASAP I can give more information on my setup if needed.

Heh...I see your problem already. You are in a domain, user account are control from a server. When you are adding a account on your computer (the client) you are adding a user on that computer only and not to the domain. That user can only login locally onto that computer and not the domain. In order for the user to log into the domain it most be created on the domain controller and the user must have the credital.

ok so what is it I need to do to add a user to this client computer, and make it so it can access my network?

also, just trying to add a user to this computer isn't working i have no way of logging in to the new user i created even on this computer as the domain not blackrhino

You probably can't log into the newly created account because there's no drop down menu to select to login locally to your computer because the administrator want everyone to log into the domain.

You need to create that user on the server, that would mean asking or having administrative right.

So I need to get on the server computer? I can access it remotely I think or get on it directly i can ask my boss if needed lol

You can access it remotely if Remote desktop is enable or any remote software is installed and that you have Administrative right to do so. Best chance is to ask the boss because you shouldn't be doing this unless you have the right to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom