heavy object to move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just lift it, between two people, it shouldn't be too bad if you are decent sized. But if you can get a 3rd person, it would really help, and take breaks.

36 inch weighs 250 lbs? Is it in a wood casing? I had a 32in CRT and it was bearly 100 lbs. But seriously two people should be able to walk that thing right down the steps barring its stupid narrow or really steep. Just make sure the bottom guy is the strongest and have him use his chest and shoulder to brace the set while guy on top guides and is ready to level his end out at the bottom.

(Edit): Sorry I stand corrected. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KV-36XBR250-WEGA-metallic/dp/B00001QGV2. But how I mentioned should still work so long as the guy on the bottom can keep about 125-150 lbs chest high or higher to keep the load balanced towards the guy higher on the stairs you should be ok.

Leave it to Sony to create a TV that also doubles a foundation for a house. As some old man somewhere is probably saying "Its heavy cause its QUALITY!"

LOL, it's so obvious you've never owned a Sony Trinitron television.

True dat :p.

It's not /JUST/ about the weight of the TV. The plastic can dig into your hands ETC.

1+ We've got the KD-32DX50U... it's a pretty heavy beast even at 32".

The trick is holding it properly. All the weight is at the front of the TV.

Tilt the top end forward and get your hand underneath the front-bottom-side of the TV, support the top-front, and two people should be able to carry it no problems. Also wear some protective gloves, the underside of the TV can hurt your hand/fingers after a while.

My friend had a Sanyo 32" (assumed size) widescreen CRT that looked like a beast to carry. With 2 people it wasn't too hard though. Just a little clumsy to hold. I've never carried one of those Sonys, but if you get 3 people situated in the right way, it should be relatively easy to carry.

holding it properly...

you can either have an uneven load with the screen to one side where you;re trying to hold a corner and hold the back as well, which due to the shape of the TV is usually further away, and because it's not the glass side it's lighter too...

or you can rotate the set so that the glass is either face up, or face down and carry it with both hands supporting equal weight, which is much simpler and much easier.

LOL wow....I really had no idea a 36" TV could weight that much.....I looked up the exact spec and the specs says 218lbs

There is some sort of Steel frame that surrounds the tube and that's the reason it weights so much.

in 10 years we are going to have OLED Tvs that roll up like a poster and our kids then will be laughing at the weight of current LCDs :p

29 posts about moving a TV? (well 30 now)...LOL. Just pick the darn thing up and carry it. Between two people (unless your like 12 or can't pick up your own body weight) it reall won't be that hard.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom