Heatsink fan not working, other problems.

aowen416

Daemon Poster
I've had my computer for about a year, and for the past week, after about an hour of use, the screen would turn off and the audio locks up for about 10 seconds. The computer remains on, but I cannot restore the video feed >.>

Now, this morning. I turn on my computer, nothing happens, and I open my computer and see the heatsink fan (http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=247&code=) spins once, and then does nothing.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Were the lock-ups caused by the mal-functioning heatisink?Although I doubt my CPU would last that long...

So, anyone have any idea? Or any idea how I can diagnose the problem? Let's play House M.D. :D

well, the heatsink wouldnt be as effective without a fan, which would explain the computer locking up if the processor gets too close to the max temp, the CPU wil be fine btw since it can take a fair bit of high empreature before failing

i dont know if Zalman provide a warranty or not, if they do, it would be a good idea to send it to them (with an RMA i would have thought) and get a replacement sent - if they dont have a warranty then more than likely it looks like your going to have to get a new one :(

Okay..that sounds good.

But now the computer isn't even turning on...so I'm suspecting my cpu may have finally given out :S?

EDIT: It's turning on, I'm getting no video feed

hmm

assuming you have speakers plugged in, do you hear any beeps whe it starts up?

Cross what I just said.

I just noticed my south bridge fan spins once, doesn't work.

My 7800GTX fan isn't on either...that leaves...my PSU.

What the hell is happening... >.>

very strange :confused:

do the case fans spin, if you have any?

and can you heard the hard drive spin at all?

No case fans...the Zalman was so good there was no need...I'll check the HDD now.

My computer is also VERY dusty..I'm going to take it apart...clean the whole thing out, and look for anything new...

Back
Top Bottom