Heatsink Advice

andy1027

In Runtime
Hi everyone...
When I play runescape with the anti-ailsing on full and every graphic setting on full apart from the game running at full screen because im not a runescape member lol
But when I play runescape like that the processor begins to get a little warmer but doesn't overheat so therefore the heatsink fan speeds up and gets a little noisy for my liking.

PROCESSOR : AMD PHENOM II X4 965 3.4GHz
HEATSINK : Standard heatsink that comes with processor
Socket: AM3 !!

I was wanting to know if someone could advise me on a good heatsink that runs quite quietly but is better than the standard heatsink.

It seems strange to me that runescape is making your computer heat up that much. The game isn't that demanding on a system.

Before springing for a new heat sink, have you verified that the unit is dust free?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-029-CM&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=1395

this would be good for what your doing
be sure to get some good thermal paste
i have that HS in my system its the quietest thing in there

Does this support AMD Phenom II 965?

Oh yes absoulty the room is never incredibly warm, the case has two intake fans at the front that are dust filtered, was just built in march 2010

SETUP:
OCZ ModXtreme 600w
AMD phenom II 965
Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P
Antec ninehundred two case
XFX ati radeon 4890 1GB GDDR5
Samsung 1TB 7200RPM SATA

anyone??

The heatsink that comes with the Phenom 965 does make an annoying whine at speed.

The Coolermaster is compatible with your 965, but it is out of stock. This is another well rated cooler that will work for you: Akasa AK-967 Nero

About £100

Must be compaitable with amd's AM3 processor socket (Clip-on)

Kinda halfway on topic, but AM2 and AM2+ as well as S939 all have the same physical socket as AM3, so most will be listed as AM2. This should help you find one that is xompatible.

Are you looking to overclock any, or just to reduce temps? The phenom ii stock cooler should be cool enough at stock if you wipe off the huge cake of thermal paste and put your own.

Back
Top Bottom